Culinary Worker - Culinary Services - Per Diem
SUMMARY: Accountable for performing a variety of food service duties to assist in setup, preparation, assembly, and serving of cafeteria meals. May be assigned to work at the cash register during breakfast meal service on the weekdays and lunch meal service on weekends.
- Minimum six (6) months previous kitchen experience in an acute healthcare facility or minimum (6) months previous work experience preferred
- Serve Safe certification or Food Handlers permit preferred
- Must be able to read, write legibly, understand, and follow oral and written English instruction
Should possess ability to serve in quantity and proper portion control
- Must have knowledge of use and care of equipment and utensils
- Good customer service relation skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively with other food service personnel, hospital employees, physicians, and the public, and work independently using good judgement and common sense
- Must have food safety knowledge in handling food
- Bilingual skills preferred
- Possess basic computer skills.
- Per Diem Position - Varied shifts - Must work weekends, holidays and PM Shifts