Advanced Practitioner - Pediatric Surgery Clinic - Part Time/Days
SUMMARY: This position is open to a Nurse Practitioner or
Physician Assistant. The Advanced Practice Practitioner is accountable for a
"defined" patient population. Functions in the roles of expert
practitioner, consultant, educator, patient advocate, care coordinator and
researcher within a specialized area of practice. Possesses and exhibits a high
degree of knowledge, skill and competence in the provision of health care
directly to the patient, family or community, or indirectly through guidance of
care by other professional personnel. Provision of patient care is conducted
and performed utilizing the medical model within the scope of licensure and in
accordance with applicable law, regulations, and in accordance with VCH
policies. Upon acceptance of an offer of employment and prior to
providing patient care, candidate must submit Scope of Practice and all
information for credentialing, to the Medical Staff office, Hospital
Interdisciplinary Professional Practice Council.
- Rounding on inpatients (both surgical and trauma patients). List of inpatients is usually between 40-60 patients divided among the team of 6 APPs and 1 surgical resident
- Discharging patients
- ER, NICU, PICU, and floor consults
- Minor procedures including but not limited to; gastrostomy tube changes, chest tube removal, peritoneal drain removals, wound care, cecostomy tube changes
- Outpatient clinic- post-op follow-ups and same day urgent appointments. On average 5-10 patients both in person and phone follow-ups
- Option as your time/interest allows to assist in operating room
- Pediatric Surgery/Trauma Call
- Available to come to hospital and answer calls from nursing staff and families from 6am-6am the day of your call shift
- Assist on call attending with afternoon/evening consults
- Return to hospital as needed by the attending you are on call with
- Return for level one traumas
- Average number of call shifts is 4 per month
- Must live within 30 minutes of hospital
- After training will also cover weekend call shifts about one weekend every 2 months
Physician Assistant - Either completion
of a Physician Assistant program and an Associate's degree, Bachelor's or
Master’s degree preferred. Pediatric experience preferred but not required.
Open to new grad PAs. NCCPA is required.
Nurse Practitioner - Active CA RN
license. Graduation of a Nurse Practitioner program and a Master's degree.
Open to both Pediatric Nurse Practitioners (PNPs) or Family Nurse Practitioners
(FNPs). Nurse Practitioner National Certification is required within six (6)
months of hire or transfer into position. Experience in pediatrics is preferred. A minimum of three (3) years related experience is
required motivated NP new graduates are welcomed to apply.
Both positions require - Basic Life Support
(BLS) is required within 30 days of hire or transfer into position. Must
successfully complete the credentialing process through the Medical Staff
office via Committee on Interdisciplinary Practices (CIDP) for the appropriate
scope of practice, written standardized protocols, and furnishing privileges.
Ability to work independently, problem-solve, and assume responsibility for
inpatient/outpatient care. Strong organizational and time management skills.
Excellent interpersonal, oral/written communication skills for effective
interactions with patients and their family members, and colleagues in multiple
POSITION DETAILS: Part Time, 64 hours per 2-week pay period, clinic hours M-F 8 am to 5 pm and closed on weekends and holidays. NOTE: Must be available to cover call shifts from 6am-6am on rotation. Must be available to return to hospital for level 1 trauma activation on call shift. Must live within 30 minutes of the hospital.
LOCATION: Madera, CA